The Superstore actress walked the red carpet wearing a Jenny Packham sequin dress and flaunting incredibly flawless skin. We caught up with her makeup artist Vanessa Scali to get the full breakdown on what went into the Honduran American actress' look. “America’s Jenny Packham Emmy dress was a total show-stopper. My first thought upon seeing the dress was '70's Studio 54," Scali explained.
"With this vibe in mind, I wanted to keep her face modern with clean nude skin, a sculpted face, and focus on her magnificent eyes.”
See below as Ferrera's makeup artist explains how you can recreate the look right at home:
- First, I prepped America’s skin with Simple Skincare Hydrating Cleansing Oil. A few drops massaged gently on the skin (followed by a light rinse), cleanses, hydrates, and leaves the skin feeling really soft.
- Then, I applied Simple Skincare Protecting Light Moisturizer SPF 15. This formula penetrates quickly and protects the skin. Since the Emmy red carpet is a daytime event, it’s important to apply sun protection.
- This combination leaves the skin looking and feeling fresh, creating a perfect canvas for foundation.
- After prepping her skin, I applied a light application of Got the Goods Multi-Benefit Foundation Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 15 to even out her skin tone.
- I used Super Conceal Full Coverage Concealer under her eyes, on the inner hollow (on the nose), just beside the inner corner of the eyes, and for a bit of light, on the cheekbones and the bridge of her nose.
- Using a brush, I dusted her skin (t-zone only) with Powder Buff Natural Skin Foundation and then used Touch & Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes All Over Face Palette in Coral.
- For a bronzer I used Glowdacious Illuminating Powder.
- I mixed All Time Eye Hook Up Longwear Shadow in Sun Ray and Tender Love and applied it from the lash line to the crease and under the lower lashes, blending it into the skin well so the edge would be soft. A sheer touch of Quick Sand on the brow bone enhanced the brow bone.
- To complete the look for the eyes, I used No Place to Run Waterproof Eyeliner in Jet Set on the top lash line. I applied it more thinly on the inside near the bridge of the nose, and then gradually drew the line thicker, extending past the natural lash line with a flirty, kitten flick.
- Next, I layered On the Edge Full Size Hook Up Liquid Eyeliner in Cleo at the base of the lashes. The fine brush tip really allows one to smudge color into the lash line, saturating the base of the lashes and adding depth and drama to the eye.
- I used No Place to Run Waterproof Eyeliner in Foxy Brown smudged just under the bottom lashes, which added a subtle intensity without overwhelming the eye.
- Glow Baby Glow in Truffle on her lips finished the look!