Dascha Polanco was truly mermaid #hairgoals at the 2018 SAG Awards on Sunday night as she hit the red carpet. The Dominican actress looked simply breathtaking from head to toe and we're still obsessing over her look.
The Orange is the New Black actress hit the red carpet with a nude strappy halter dress along with a beautifully simple yet classic hairstyle. Polanco's stylist for the evening, Cynthia Alvarez was the hair genius behind the star's gorgeous beauty look.
“For Dascha’s SAG Awards look, we wanted to go for a simple, classic look to compliment her beautifully adorned dress," said Alvarez. The hair guru spoke to Polanco the night before, and they agreed on transforming "Joy" actress into a real-life Latina mermaid. Talk about beauty goals much?
"I immediately thought of the classic deep side part with flowing waves. Luckily, this look is easy to achieve with a few key products,” said Cythina Glam. We caught up with the hairstylist on how to recreate the Dominicana's beauty look to help you achieve this look right at home.
1. The key to a lasting style is a great blow out. While her hair was still damp, I sprayed Dove Style+Care Smooth & Shine Heat Protection Spray ($5.99) from midshaft to ends to create a natural shine.
Pro tip: This look calls for a ton of volume, therefore I worked a golf ball size of mousse from her roots to ends.
2. Using a round bristle brush from R+Co, I over-directed her hair while blow-drying to achieve as much volume as possible.
3. After her hair was dry, I added a few layers of clip-in extensions and curled all her hair in one direction using a 1” curling iron.
4. Then when each section was curled, I pin curled her hair to set the curl pattern. Once her hair was cool, I took down the pin curls and brushed her hair into beautiful waves, keeping one side behind her shoulder.
5. To ensure her hair would not move out of place when she traveled from her hotel room to the red carpet, I liberally sprayed Dove Style+Care Compressed Micro Mist Extra Hold Hairspray ($4.99) along the top of the waves and around her hairline.